Fun In The Sun Workout
Remember spending every summer day outside when you were a kid, playing with all kinds of fun toys? Don’t leave ’em behind just because you’re all grown up. We’ve found an ingenious way to use your favorite beach playthings to create the ultimate body-slimming workout.
Here’s what to do
1. Grab a beach ball, a Frisbee, and a pool noodle.
2. Head down to the beach, out to the yard, or over to the park (don’t forget your sunscreen).
3. Get ready to play off some serious fat and calories!
1. Do one of the following three cardio moves to warm up. (Take your pick from Jump the River, Summer Soccer Kick, and Breaststroke Explosion.)
2. Do any 8 strength moves (shown on the slides after).
3. Follow with any cardio move.
4. Continue with a second strength move, then a cardio move.
5. Keep alternating strength and cardio until you’ve done all 8 strength moves (for a total of 17 moves in all).
Cardio move: Jump the River
Stand on one side of a pool noodle, feet hip-width apart. Bend your knees and jump over the noodle, then jump back. Repeat for 1 minute.
Cardio Move: Summer Soccer Kick
Begin in ballet squat position with feet shoulder-width apart and slightly turned out, butt pushed back. Hold a beach ball in both hands. Push off your left leg and stand up on your right leg, while sweeping the left leg forward and up, as if kicking a ball.
Simultaneously twist the ball to the left. Return to center squat position, and repeat on opposite side. Continue alternating for 1 minute.
Cardio move: Breaststroke Explosion
Stand with feet wider than hip-width. Bend at the waist and knees, and breaststroke your arms to the front, then to the back. After your arms come back, jump straight up, landing with knees slightly bent. Repeat continuously for 1 minute.
Strength move: Flamingo (a.)
Balance on your left leg with your right leg lifted, knee bent to 90 degrees. Hold a beach ball straight up overhead, then bend your elbows to lower the beach ball behind your head.
Strength move: Flamingo (b.)
As you straighten your arms to bring the ball back up, also straighten your right leg so it’s parallel to the ground. Keeping your leg lifted, do 10 reps, then switch sides and repeat.
Strength move: Beach Ball Twist
Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a beach ball in front of you with both hands. Lift your left leg back and up, while rotating your torso to bring the ball to the right. Keeping your leg lifted, do 10 reps, then switch sides and repeat.
Strength move: Banana Boat (a.)
Lie on your right side with arms pointing overhead and a beach ball between your feet.
Strength move: Banana Boat (b.)
Lift your legs off the ground; at the same time, lift your upper body and twist your torso to reach your left arm toward your feet. Return to starting position. Do 10 reps, then switch sides and repeat.
You can read More Here: MSN.com