5 Exercises To Burn Off Inner Thigh Fat
1. Side and crossover lunge
1. Stand straight with your feet firmly together. Keep your arms down by the sides. Let your posture remain straight but ensure your shoulders are relaxed. This exercise helps tone the inner thighs since it exercises them from different angles.
2. Using your left foot, you can take a wide side-step. Bend your knees in order to push your hips behind you when you are stepping out. The right leg should remain extended as you shift your body weight on your left side. Let your back remain straight. Keep your face forward by the time you start moving.
3. With your finger tips, touch the ground. Keep your arms on either side of the left foot.
4. Stand back up with your legs crossed
5. Touch the floor and bend immediately
6. Stand and repeat the exercise – stand up and start pushing off with the left foot and then return to the starting point.
2. Inner thigh squeeze
1. Pick an exercise ball that you feel comfortable with. If your height is between 5’’1 and 5’’7, please choose an exercise ball of 55-cm. If you are 6’2 or taller, choose a 75-cm ball. When you are starting out with these exercises, you can deflate the exercise ball slightly in order to use it easily.
2. Lie flat on the floor while holding the ball in between your legs- hold the exercise ball firmly between your thighs. Remember to lift your legs in the air slightly.
3. Slightly squeeze the ball applying only enough pressure to hold it in place.
4. Tightly squeeze the exercise ball with your inner thigh muscles, use as much force as you can. Keep your legs raised in the air.
5. Rest for a while and then repeat the exercise. You can do 5 to 15 reps depending on your leg strength. Rest and continue till the leg muscles start feeling tired.
3. Squat lifts
1. Make use of a resistant band for your exercises as they make squat lifts more effective. These lifts can also work your inner thigh besides improving on stability and balance. If you lack a resistance band, make use of your ankle weights to help you work your thigh muscles more
2. Start by placing one end of this band round the left ankle. Attach the other end to a sturdy piece of furniture. Let the area around the ankle remain loosely tense and legs slightly apart. When performing this exercise, keep both hands placed on the hips.
3. With your right leg, step out making sure your right knee is slightly bent as though you are ready to do a squat. Spread your legs out to your side.
4. Lift the left leg and straighten the right leg gradually. Shift the left leg out and keep it in front of the right leg. Keep the left leg off the ground and also keep the thighs crossed. Ensure that your body weight is shifted over the right leg.
5. Rest for a while and then repeat the exercise. You can do 8 reps for each leg. Repeat each set 16 times
4. Side lying hip adduction
1. Lie flat on your side. Straighten out both legs and stack one foot on top of the other foot. This is an ideal exercise for adductors, which are a group of muscles along the pubic bone and femur. The shoulders and hips ought to be perpendicular with the floor with the head aligned straight with the spine. You can support the spine by simply tensing the abdominal muscles.
2. Keep the lower leg forward. It is supposed to lie on the front of the upper leg. The legs must be straight as you bring the right leg down to the floor, to ensure the feet remain rested on the floor.
3. Raise the lower leg off the ground/ floor. After breathing out, lift the lower leg to place it above the upper leg’s foot. Avoid rolling the hips forward and backward. If you experience tension in the lower back muscles, please stop the exercise.
4. You can rest for a moment and then repeat this exercise. After breathing in, slowly return the legs to their starting position.
5. Scissor kicks
1. Lie flat on the back with your heels on the floor and hands kept palm-side down at the sides. Both legs should remain flat against the floor. This exercise helps in toning the inner thigh muscles along with the lower abdomen.
2. Keep the hands beneath the rear and also stretch the legs. Lift the legs 4 to 6 inches off the floor. When the thighs are partially flat, keep the knees and feet off the floor.
3. Starts crossing the legs back and forth-also start performing a scissor like motion with the legs. Squeeze the thighs together with each pass you perform.
4. After resting for a 5 to 15 seconds, repeat the exercise at your will. Perform each set six to eight times.