How to Prepare for Bikini Season
Bikini season is rapidly approaching! I know I’m not alone when I say that winter has taken a toll on my body. From holiday cookies to staying in and watching movies, my diet and workout routine took a hit these past couple of months. Here are a few tips that have helped me get back on track for spring and summer weather.
1. Drink H2O! Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated throughout the day. Keeping a water bottle by your desk and drinking ice water or hot water with lemon with your meals will improve your complexion, keep you feeling energized, and fill you up.
2. Eat clean. Cut out processed foods from your diet. It is much easier to eat healthy when you prepare your own meals. When you eat out, it can be hard to control portions and or know exactly what’s in your food. When you cook for yourself, you have more control.
3. Mix up your workout plan. Try a new workout class! Pilates, Zumba, and spin can be great alternatives to your normal workouts. Doing something different can be a great motivator for getting yourself to the gym. Redondo Beach and Manhattan Beach are filled with great gyms that offer fun classes. Invite a friend—this will give you even more reason to get off your couch.
4. Schedule a consultation. Have you wanted to get plastic surgery for a while? This is the perfect time to undergo a procedure like breast augmentation. According to South Bay board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Lisa Jewell, it takes time to fully recovery from surgery. So if you schedule your surgery soon, you will have time to recover before summer starts.
5. Clean out your makeup bag. Spring cleaning isn’t just for your closet; it’s also a great time to get rid of old or expired makeup that is causing clutter in your makeup bag. After cleaning out my makeup bag, I realized that I don’t use half of the things in there anyway. This is also a good excuse to buy a few new products too!
6. Treat yourself to a new swimsuit. Finding a suit that fits properly and is flattering can be a frustrating process. Dedicate a day to trying on several different styles and sizes at a couple of different stores. It will all be worth it once you figure out what style you look best in.
7. Take supplements. Meeting your daily vitamin recommendations is essential for health and beauty. Do some research or ask your doctor about a good women’s multivitamin that will benefit you.
8. Make a waxing appointment. With spring weather coming up, you’ll likely start wearing shorts and swimsuits more often. Shaving can be time consuming, and hair often grows back within a couple of days. It may be worth it to try waxing or laser hair removal. Make sure you go to a trusted aesthetician for these treatments.
9. Get enough sleep! Try to stick to a relaxing nighttime routine. Lack of sleep can have tons of negative effects on your physical and mental health.
10. Stay positive. Incorporating these tips into your lifestyle won’t cause results overnight. These benefits will take time, but developing healthy habits now will help you in the long run.
These tips are a great starting point for revamping a healthy lifestyle. I encourage you to continue using these tips even after swimsuit season is over—you won’t regret it!