Gorgeous Pumpkins that Double as Candle Holders
A squat scooped-out Cinderella pumpkinmakes the perfect holder for tapers in a hurricane plus trailing ivy.
1. Choose a Cinderella pumpkin for this projected - it's flat and wide.
2. Place two blocks of floral foam in sink and wet with water until completely saturated.
3. Set the hurricane on top of the pumpkin and trace the base with a pencil. Cut along the pencil line and remove the top portion of the pumpkin. Remove the innards and seeds using your hands and a large spoon.
4. Insert wet floral foam into hollowed-out pumpkin. Cut foam if necessary so it fits inside pumpkin. Cover foam with sheet moss.
5. With a utility knife, cut a small hole through the moss and into the foam. Insert taper. Repeat with two additional tapers, spacing evenly.
6. Place the hurricane over the tapers and into the foam and pumpkin. Push down slightly until hurricane is securely positioned. Add real or faux ivy around the outside of the hurricane as shown.